The University of Derby (formerly Derby College of Art and Technology or simply Derby College) is a public university in the city of Derby, England. It traces its history back to the establishment of the Derby Diocesan Institution for the Training of Schoolmistresses in 1851 and gained university status in 1992 as one of the new universities.
The university provides over 300 study programmes at undergraduate level. Undergraduate programmes as well as short courses, foundation degrees and postgraduate degrees cover most academic disciplines and subdisciplines.
Currently the university is home to around 34,000 students in all areas of study.
SDH Institute students who have completed and graduated from the following programmes:
- SDH Institute Advanced Diploma in Events Management, and
- SDH Institute Advanced Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management,
are able to apply for a direct admission into the 3rd Year of the following undergraduate Bachelor’s Degree programme (s) offered by University of Derby:
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) International Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) International Tourism Management and
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Events Management
SDH Institute students who have completed and graduated from the SDH Institute Post Graduate Diploma in Hospitality Management are able to apply for a direct admission into the following post-graduate Degree programme (s) offered by University of Derby:
- Msc International Hospitality Management