What is CHIA?
CHIA – Certification in Hotel Industry Analytics is a professional certification conferred by the STR
(Smith Travel Reports, str.com), AHLA (American Hotel and Lodging Association, ahla.com) through
its academic institute, AHLEI (American Hotel and Lodging Education Institute, ahlei.org), and CHRIE
(Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education, chrie.org).
CHIA is the only hotel-related certification for industry professionals focused on analytics. This
certification provides recognition of thorough knowledge of the foundational metrics, definitions,
formulas and methodologies used by the industry. SDH Institute is the first in Singapore and perhaps
in Southeast Asia to successfully train for the CHIA certification since 2014. As of today, we are proud
to have 26 CHIA-Certified passers.
Who should acquire this certification?
The CHIA is targeted at industry professionals such as general managers, revenue managers, corporate staff, travel and tourism professionals, trainers and research staff from a variety of organizations:
● Hotel companies and hotels
● Management companies and owners
● Tourism/Travel organizations
● Hotel associations
● Convention and Visitor Bureaus
● Developers, consultants and appraisers
● Accounting and financial firms
● Hotel-related vendors
● Other organizations serving the hotel industry
Why is Hotel Industry Analytics the next big thing?
In this digital age, the prolific use of information technology is in almost all aspects of human activity. Hotels and leisure operators are turning to advanced analytics solutions for clues about how to keep their customers happy.
With the analytical exploitation of their online data, hoteliers can go beyond their traditional loyalty programs and deepen their knowledge of guests in order to develop a more granular understanding of segment behaviour, needs, and expectations; identify profitable customer segments and their buying preferences, and identify strategic opportunities to attract new guests. Essentially, predictive analytics can offer valuable insights for your hotel management strategy.
What can this course offer you?
The CHIA is a knowledge-based certification with no “time in position” requirement and no proctor required. In this course, core content areas include:
● Hotel Industry Analytical Foundations
● Hotel Math Fundamentals – the metrics used by the Hotel Industry
● Property Level Benchmarking with STAR Reports
● Hotel Industry Performance Reports (Trends, P&L, Pipeline and Destination Reports)
Filing for SSG SkillsFuture Credit
Interested individuals can use their SkillsFuture credit to pay for this course. To view your
SkillsFuture account, please follow this SkillsFuture Guide
To Register for the CHIA Course
Submit the following documents and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
● Completed Application Form (Click here to download the application form)
● NRIC/FIN Soft copy (Front and Back)
● SkillsFuture Credit Account Summary
● Preferred Start-of- Course Date
Please drop us an email at email@example.com, alternatively please give us a call at +65 6505 1288