MBA in International Hotel Management
MBA in International Hotel Management
The MBA in International Hotel Management combines a university teaching approach with a professional edge, whose aim is to train operational and higher managers in the field of hospitality with a wide range of equipment and facilities pertaining to international companies.
This programme prepares students for specialized executive and managerial positions in hotels and tourism companies. The programme combines cutting-edge management science with traditional know-how in hotel and restaurant management. Course work is reinforced through immediate application of knowledge in practical settings.
The programme enables students to develop and cultivate managerial competencies such as analytical and organisational skills in addition to nurturing their ability to anticipate and decide rapidly and precisely on matters and situations that arise in all areas of the hotel management sector.
Industrial attachment aims to expose the student to live experience and operations in the hospitality industry as an intern to prepare him/her to undertake supervisory roles after graduation.
During this stage of industrial attachment, the student will be evaluated on his/her effectiveness in applying theories, mainly supervisory and management concepts, learned in school and enrich his/her skills and knowledge by immersing himself/herself in the workplace.
The student will be required to submit a paper that would lay-out a plan to improve the company’s business operations or any specific organisational function.
The plan should include a situational assessment and the corresponding suggestions and recommendations. It will be undertaken for a minimum period of 6 months. Industrial attachment is compulsory for Full-Time students.
Part-time students with extensive working experience in the hospitality industry can apply for exemption, subjected for approval, for this module.
- VATEL International Business School Hotel & Tourism Management, France
|Language Requirement||Attainment of TOEFL 550 (213 PC/801BT), or IELTS 5.5, or equivalent|
|Academic Requirement||Obtained a Bachelor Degree in Hospitality, or Bachelor Degree in any field with 3 years relevant experience, or equivalent|
|Work Experience||Not applicable|
Mode of Delivery
- Classroom-based Lectures, Tutorials, Discussions and/or Research
- Written Assignments, Examinations plus Project / Industrial Attachment
- Obtained a passing mark in all examinable modules
- To obtain at least 2.0 GPA
- Full-time: 12 months
- Part-time: 12 months
- Industrial Attachment: (6 months)
Maximum Candidature Period
- Full-time: 24 months. Re-module: 36 months
- Part-time: 24 months. Re-module: 36 months
Next available intake(s)
- The intake for the Full-time program is twice a year.
- 1st intake: March period
- 2nd intake: August period
- The intake for the Part-time program is currently not available.
LAN401 Business Communication (39 hours)
LAW401 Business Law (42 hours)
COR501 Corporate Business Strategy (15 hours)
FIN 501 Financial Management (42 hours)
TRA 503 Final Dissertation (Oral Defense) - N.A
TRA 502 Final Dissertation (Tutoring)
FIN 401 Financial Analysis (42 hours)
TAX 401 Taxation (42 hours)
LAN 501 French (39 hours)
OPE 501 Hospitality Operations Management (42 hours)
HRM 401 Human Resource Management (42 hours)
ECO 401 Tourism and Hospitality Economies (42 hours)
COS 401 Management Information Systems (42hours)
MKT 401 Marketing Management (63 hours)
OPA 401 Operations and Revenue Management (84 hours)
COR 401 Corporate Strategy (42 hours)
HRM 501 Strategic Human Resource Management (42 hours)
MKT 501 Strategic Marketing Management (42 hours)
HTS 401 Hospitality Strategy (42 hours)
LAN 402 Mandarin (39 hours)
VIBG Vatel International Business Game (Tutoring)
Industrial Attachment (6 months)
|Application Fee (Non-Refundable)||$108||$355
- Click here for Miscellaneous Fees
- Click here for Refund Policy
- Course Time Table
- Application Form
- All prices stated above are inclusive of the prevailing Goods & Services Tax (GST).
- Local Applicant: Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents
- International Applicant: International students including international students transferring from other local institutes.