International Air Transport Association (IATA)
Airline Cabin Crew Certificate
Certificate in Airline Cabin Crew Training
Home to the best airline and airport in the world, Singapore is a global air hub with a leading aviation and aerospace industry. Singapore Changi Airport serves more 100 airlines with at least 6.2 million passengers passing through each year. Singapore is also one of Asia’s top destination for tourism. With 8000 new jobs expected by 2025 in the Singapore aviation industry and millions of funding pledged by the government to further develop and grow the industry, the Singapore aviation and travel industry is set to become one of the most promising places to be in.
This course focuses on the context in which cabin crew perform their duties and the aircraft and airline-specific procedures to prepare students to be “flight ready” for the industry.
This course has been designed to cover the key roles and responsibilities of airline cabin crew, to provide a high standard of foundational knowledge for cabin crew candidates.
This course is based on the competency framework for cabin crew developed by ICAO, so that students can utilise the knowledge whichever airline they work for. It also incorporates the basic requirements for many national aviation authorities so that students will lean the most relevant and up to date information.
This IATA course prepares students to understand the cabin crew profession, its origins and current practices. Students will learn about the airline industry and the different aircraft types. They will understand relevant cabin crew functions and learn the emergency and safety procedures on an aircraft. The course will prepare students to manage passenger interactions in a variety of circumstances.
- IATA (International Air Transport Association)
- Minimum Age: Seventeen (17) Year Old
- Local students: GCE “N” Level with 4 passes including Credits in English ; or GCE “O” Levels with 3 passes
- International students:
- Completion of High School Qualification (9th year)
- English Language Proficiency: IELTS 5.0 or Equivalent
- Work experience: Not required
Mode of Delivery
- Face to face classroom lecture; Individual/Group presentation/discussion
- Online Assessment – 100 MCQ (Closed Book)
- Upon successful completion of the course and pass the IATA’s online examination, the students will be awarded the Airline Cabin Crew Training certificate by the International Air Transport Association (IATA).
- Full Time: 3 months. 90 hours (5 days x 3 hours per 1 week)
- Part-Time: 3 months. 90 hours. Two lessons per week
- 1 Weekday x 3 hours and 1 Weekend x 6 hours
- Industrial Attachment: Not applicable
Maximum Candidature Period
- Not applicable
Next available intake(s)
- March, September
Introduction to the Airline Industry
Air Transport and Flight Operation
Crew Responsibilities and Cooperation
Managing Abnormal and Emergency Situations
Medical Emergencies Onboard the Aircraft
Customer Service and Interaction with Passenger
Airline Catering and Onboard Retail Services
Cabin Crew Professional Development
Get Your Certificate in Cabin Crew!
Start Your Programme Journey Today!