English Language Short Courses: Intermediate English Level 1
Intermediate English Level 1
This English language proficiency course is designed as a bite sized component of a range of courses, aligning to Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) B1 Lower and International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Band 4.5.
It is for learners from diverse language and culture backgrounds, who have exposure to basic English language with the ability to covey in simple social English conversions in familiar situations and personal interest. It also provides the learners with an option to enrol in the CEFR or IELTS Proficiency Test.
This course aims to develop learners with the ability to convey and understand basic social English conversations using everyday expressions in familiar situations and personal interest.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
Understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of personal interest or in familiar situations.
Comprehend conversations encountered in daily life and generally follow their contents, if they are spoken slowly.
Understand English spoken by native speakers at a slower than normal speed.
- Minimum Age: 13
- Language Requirement: No prerequisite English language required
- Academic Requirement: Complete primary school education or its equivalent.
Mode of Delivery
- Blended with E-Learning
The learning outcomes will be assessed in two forms:
- Formative Test: Internal Progression Test (60 %)
- Summative (End of Course Final Proficiency Assessment) (40%)
This is not a pathway programme.
- Full-time: 45 hours
- Part-time: 45 hours
Next Available Intake(s)
- Monthly Intake
|Application Fee (Non-Refundable)||$107|
- All prices stated above are inclusive of the prevailing Goods & Services Tax (GST)
- International Applicant: International students including international students transferring from other local institutes
Register for Course
Submit the following documents and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed Application Form (Click here to download the application form)
- Preferred Start-of-Course Date