IATA Airport Ramp Services
IATA Airport Ramp Services
This course offers an introduction to ramp services as well as the ground handling standards and safety requirements learners need to know to work safely on the ramp, at the airport. It provides a solid foundation for further professional development in the field of ground operations. The course prepares learners to sit in the IATA online examination for the attainment of professional certification.
This course is recommended for the following learners:
- Anyone interested in pursuing a career with an airline or ground service provider
- Recently recruited airline, airport and ground handling staff
The course has been designed to prepare learners who are starting a career or wishing to enter a career on the ramp with the competency for aircraft servicing and ground handling skills.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Describe the ground operations working environment
- Understand the standard ramp operations terminology
- Differentiate the departments of an airport and explain how they work together
- Apply basic safety and security measures for efficient operations
- Employ procedures for key aircraft ground servicing tasks
- Describe IATA Airport Handling Manual and IATA Ground Operations Manual standards
- Minimum Age: 16 Year Old
- Completion of secondary school education or its equivalent.
Mode of Delivery
- Delivers through face to face classroom lecture; individual/group presentation/discussion and hand-on/practice
The learning outcomes will be assessed in three forms:
- Online Participative Quiz (20%)
- Project: Individual/Group Presentation and/or Report (30%)
- 2 hrs 30 mins summative examination that assesses learners’ competency for employability of the learned skills. (50%)
- Full-Time: 40 hours (10 or 14 lessons over 2 months)
- Part-Time: 40 hours (10 or 14 lessons over 2 months)
Next available intake(s)
- February, June, August, October
- Introduction to the airside environment and airport ramp services
- Aircraft characteristics and turnaround plan
- Cleaning, catering and other services
- Ground service equipment
- Standard operating procedures
- Airside safety
- Ramp security awareness
- Future developments in the sector of ramp services
|Application Fee (Non-Refundable)||$108|
- All prices stated above are inclusive of the prevailing Goods & Services Tax (GST).
Register for Course
Submit the following documents and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed Application Form (Click here to download the application form)
- Preferred Start-of-Course Date
Check for more Professional Courses in Singapore, delivered by the Academy Of Lifelong Learning @SDH.