Higher Diploma Programme in Events Management
Higher Diploma in Events Management
Singapore’s new Integrated Resorts (IRs) at Marina Bay Sands and Resorts World Sentosa provide the region with exciting opportunities for the hosting of events and international conferences. As such, there is now an unprecedented need for relevant professional and qualified people.
The SDH Institute Higher Diploma in Events Management enables students to become employable in this emerging industry and thus fulfill this need.
The program aims to equip students with the up-to-date knowledge and practical skills required for this dynamic industry. Besides event industry-specific modules, students will also experience course work that focuses on general business topics.
This will provide them with a full complement of the skills needed in the business of events management. Students also have the 6 months of industrial attachment where they can gain valuable practical experience.
- SDH Institute
Program Accreditation Body
- Higher Diploma in Events Management
- Minimum Age: 17 Year Old
- Local students:
- At least 1 GCE “A” Level pass; or Diploma equivalent to Level 3 of UK qualification framework in any discipline.
- International students:
- Completion of Senior High School Qualification (11th Year); or Diploma equivalent to Level 3 of UK qualification framework in any discipline.
- Obtained SDH’s Certificate in English as a Foreign Language Intermediate, or attainment of IELTS 5.5/TOEFL 500, or its equivalent
Mode of Delivery
- Classroom-based Lectures, Tutorials, Discussions and/or Research
- Contact hours: 50 hours per module (Full-Time). 36 hours per module (Part-Time)
- Written Assignments, Examinations plus Project and Industrial Attachment
- Obtained a passing mark of 60% in all examinable module
- Complete and pass the Industrial Attachment.
- Students who complete the Higher Diploma in Events Management are able to enroll in Advanced Diploma in Events Management and others Diploma awarded by SDH Institute
- Full-time: 9 months
- Part-time: 12 months
- Industrial Attachment: 6 months
Maximum Candidature Period
- Full-time: 33 months
- Part-time: 42 months
Next available intake(s)
- The intake for this program is every two (2) months (January, March, May, July, September, November)
IT in Travel, Tourism and Hospitality Operations
Marketing Policy, Planning and Communication
Service Quality and Business Communication
Travel, Tourism and Hospitality
Events Management I (Events Operations Management)
Events Management II (Risk Management in Events)
Professional Development and Career Planning
Application Fee (Non-Refundable)
- All prices stated above are inclusive of the prevailing Goods & Services Tax (GST).
- Local Applicant: Singapore residents (Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and all pass holders excluding those holding a Student Pass).
- International Applicant: International students including international students transferring from other local institutes.
Get Your Higher Diploma Programme in Events Management in Singapore
Be a Professional in Events Management!