English Language Short Courses: Elementary English Level 1
Elementary English Level 1
This English language proficiency course is designed as a bite sized component of a range of courses, aligning to Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) A1 Lower and International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Band 2. It is for learners from diverse language and culture backgrounds, who have little or no exposure to the English language.
This course aims to develop learners with the ability to understand very basic English in familiar situations and to meet immediate needs and participate in very simple social conversations.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Use familiar very basic isolated words and short phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a given context.
- Introduce him/herself and others of a given context.
- Interact in a simple way with the help from the other person that talks slowly and clearly.
- Minimum Age: 13
- Language Requirement: No prerequisite English language required
- Academic Requirement: Complete primary school education or its equivalent.
Mode of Delivery
- Blended with E-Learning
The learning outcomes will be assessed in two forms:
- Formative Test: Internal Progression Test (60 %)
- Summative (End of Course Final Proficiency Assessment) (40%)
This is not a pathway programme.
- Full-time: 45 hours
- Part-time: 45 hours
Next Available Intake(s)
- Monthly Intake
|Application Fee (Non-Refundable)||$107|
- All prices stated above are inclusive of the prevailing Goods & Services Tax (GST).
Register for Course
Submit the following documents and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed Application Form (Click here to download the application form)
- Preferred Start-of-Course Date