Diploma in Hospitality Operations
Diploma in Hospitality Operations
The Diploma in Hospitality Operations requires students to undergo a spectrum of competency and skill-based training, covering the operational aspects of the hospitality and food and beverage trade.
Students will develop an in-depth understanding of the front-end operations and back-end processes of the hospitality, business management, and tourism businesses, allowing them to gain knowledge of the fundamental concepts behind the industry.
Delivery will be focused on instructional and practical exercises – more “hands-on” learning so that students get to do more, rather than listening and absorbing facts and figures. Theoretical concepts will still be taught to provide basic knowledge of the hospitality industry. The theory/practical blend is around 30:70.
The Diploma programme enables students to build foundational understanding and knowledge in the hospitality and tourism industry.
Students will develop an appreciation in the fundamentals of marketing, planning, and communication, acquire personal grooming and development skills critical for the service industry, with additional specialisation modules focusing on food and beverage operations, front office operations, and housekeeping services.
- SDH Institute
Institute of Hospitality, UK
|Work Experience||Not Applicable|
Mode of Delivery
- Study on campus:
Blended learning, including face-to-face classroom lecture; Individual/Group presentation/discussion; Hands-on Practice.
- For place and train programme only
Blended Learning (80% e-learning; 20% Face-to-face classroom lecture)
- Written Assignments, Practical demonstration/test; Final Examinations
- Obtained an overall passing mark in all required modules that include 4 core modules and 2 elective modules
- Upon graduation of the SDH Diploma in Hospitality Operations, students may progress to take up the SDH Two-years Advanced Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management conducted by SDH Institute. Click on the link below to find more about this program:
- Full-time: 6 months
- Part-time: 9 months
- Industrial Attachment: 6 months
Maximum Candidature Period
- Full-time: 24 months
- Part-time: 33 months
Next Available Intake(s)
- The intake for this program is every month
Core Module: Food and Beverage Knowledge - FT (45 Hrs) / PT (40 Hrs)
Core Module: Front Office Operations – FT (45 Hrs) / PT (45 Hrs)
Core Module: Marketing and Hospitality Events Catering - FT (45 Hrs) / PT (40 Hrs)
Core Module: Principles of Communication - FT (45 Hrs) / PT (40 Hrs)
Elective Module: Food and Beverage Operations - FT (60 Hrs) / PT (60 Hrs)
Elective Module: Housekeeping Operations – FT (45 Hrs) / PT (45 Hrs)
Elective Module: Introduction to Academic Production Skills - FT (45 Hrs) / PT (40 Hrs)
Elective Module: Introduction to Business Studies - FT (45 Hrs) / PT (40 Hrs)
Industrial Attachment - 6 Months
Front Office and Housekeeping Operations (Teach-out) - FT (45 Hrs) / PT (40 Hrs)
Food, Beverage, and Labour Cost Control (Teach-out) – FT (45 Hrs) / PT (40 Hrs)
|Application Fee (Non-Refundable)||$107||$351
- All prices stated above are inclusive of the prevailing Goods & Services Tax (GST).
- Local Applicant: Singapore residents (Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and all pass holders excluding those holding a Student Pass).
- International Applicant: International students including international students transferring from other local institutes.
Get Your Diploma Programme in Hospitality Operations!
Start Your Diploma Programme Journey Today!