Diploma in Aviation and Travel Operations
Diploma in Aviation and Travel Operations
Why This Course?
Home to the best airline and airport in the world, Singapore is a global air hub with a leading aviation and aerospace industry. Singapore Changi Airport serves more 100 airlines with at least 6.2 million passengers passing through each year. Singapore is also one of Asia’s top destination for tourism. With 8,000 new jobs expected by the Year 2025 in the Singapore aviation industry and millions of funding pledged by the government to further develop and grow the industry, the Singapore aviation, and travel industry is set to become one of the most promising places to be in. In partnership with IATA, SDH’s Diploma in Aviation and Travel Operations prepares students to embark confidently in this booming global aviation and travel industry.
3 Diplomas Awarded Upon Graduation
- IATA Foundation in Travel and Tourism Diploma (Obtained a passing mark in IATA Online Examination)
- IATA Airport Operations Foundation Diploma (Obtained a passing mark in IATA Online Examination)
- SDH Diploma in Aviation and Travel Operations
International Air Transport Association (IATA) was founded in Havana, Cuba, on 19 April 1945. It is the prime vehicle for inter-airline cooperation in promoting sale, reliable, secure and economical air services – for the benefit of the world’s consumers. The international scheduled air transport industry is more than 100 times larger than it was in 1945. Few industries can match the dynamism of that growth, which has been much less spectacular without the standards, practices, and procedures developed with IATA.
At its founding, IATA had 57 members from 31 nations, mostly in Europe and North America. Today, it has some 275 members from 117 nations in every part of the globe. The modern IATA is the successor to the International Air Traffic Association founder in The Hague. Netherlands in 1919 – the year of the world’s first international scheduled services.
IATA’s head office is in Montreal (Quebec, Canada) and it’s executive office is in Geneva (Switzerland). IATA also has regional offices around the world.
The course is structured with the primary learning objective of developing students to become competent, and functioning practitioners in the aviation service and travel sector. It will enable students to develop essential knowledge and operational skills for the aviation and travel industry.
- SDH Institute and IATA (International Air Transport Association)
|Language Requirement||Attained IELTS 5.0, or equivalent|
|Academic Requirement||Local students:
Completed NITEC or Higher NITEC or completed GCE ‘O’ Levels with 3 passes with a minimum C6 in English and Mathematics
Completion of High School Qualification (9th year)
|Work Experience||Not Applicable|
Mode of Delivery
- Blended learning, including face-to-face classroom lecture, individual/group presentation/discussion, roleplay and hands-on activities
- Blended assessment components, including formative activities, projects and written examinations
- Opt-in IATA online examinations – for additional modules awarded by IATA (refer to the Course Modules Section for modules’ details)
- Obtained a passing mark in all examinable modules
- Complete and pass industrial attachment
Upon graduation of the SDH Diploma in Aviation and Travel Operations, students may progress to take up the SDH Two-years Advanced Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management conducted by SDH Institute. Click on the link below to find more about this program:
- Full-time: 9 months
- Part-time: 12 months
- Industrial Attachment: 6 months
Maximum Candidature Period
- Full-time: 33 months
- Part-time: 33 months
Next Available Intake(s)
- The intake for this program is January, May, September
The International Air Travel Industry
Foundation in Travel and Tourism*
Customer Service and Communication in the Aviation Industry (Teach-out)
Passenger Ground Services**
Aviation Security Awareness**
Airport Ramp Services**
Industrial Attachment - 6 Months
Academic Production Skills
Career Preparation Workshop
* Upon successful completion and passing of the IATA examination of the module [Foundation in Travel and Tourism], students will be awarded an IATA-certified Foundation in Travel and Tourism Diploma certificate.
** Upon successful completion and passing of the IATA examinations of the 4 modules below:
- Passenger Ground Services
- Airport Operations
- Aviation Security Awareness
- Airport Ramp Services
Students will be awarded an IATA-certified Airport Operations Foundation Diploma certificate
Get Your Diploma Programme in Aviation and Travel Operations!
Start Your Diploma Programme Journey Today!