CHIA (Certification in Hotel Industry Analytics) Certification Course
This is the only certification for hotel and tourism industry professionals focused on analytics. This recognition provides evidence of a thorough knowledge of the foundational metrics, definitions, formulas, and methodologies that are used by the hotel industry. Recipients have proven that they can “do the math” and interpret the results to identify areas of improvement. They have demonstrated an ability to analyze various types of hotel industry data and to make strategic inferences based upon that analysis. Certification also confirms a comprehensive understanding of benchmarking and performance reports. Designees have a grasp of the current landscape of the hotel industry, including relevant current events. Achieving this distinction announces that you have a place among the best professionals in the hotel industry and opens the doors to future career opportunities.
- Certification of Participation: SDH Institute
- CHIA Certification: AHLEI (American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute) / STR (Smith Travel Research) / ICHRIE (International Council on Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Education)
- Tertiary Education
Occupation of Target Audience
- The CHIA is targeted at industry professionals such as general managers, revenue managers, corporate staff, travel and tourism professionals, trainers and research staff from a variety of organizations:• Hotel companies and hotels
• Management companies and owners
• Tourism/Travel organizations
• Hotel associations
• Convention and Visitor Bureaus
• Developers, consultants and appraisers
• Accounting and financial firms
• Hotel-related vendors
• Other organizations serving the hotel industry
Mode of Delivery
- Tutorials and online practice test
- Participants who meet 75% attendance for the workshop will receive the certificate of participation. It is optional for participants to take CHIA examination but highly recommended.
- Full-time: NA
- Part-time: 8 hours
Next available intake(s)
- The intake for the full-time program is currently not available
The CHIA is a knowledge-based certification with no “time in position” requirement, and no proctor required.
The certification is based upon four core content areas:
- Hotel Industry Analytical Foundations
- Hotel Math Fundamentals – the metrics used by the Hotel Industry
- Property Level Benchmarking with STAR Reports
- Hotel Industry Performance Reports (Trends, P&L, Pipeline and Destination Reports)
A detailed outline of the training content and a sample exam are available. CHIA training includes case scenarios, hints, sample reports, industry “tricks of the trade,” analysis examples, quizzes, discussion questions, and application exercises where participants gain hands-on experience working with hotel data. The CHIA is offered globally through a joint effort between the AHLEI (American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute) and STR/STR Global.
Course URL: https://www.ahlei.org/CHIA/
- S$190.00 (excludes certification fee – see below) S$203.3 (with 7% GST)
- CHIA Certification Fee: US$250 (AHLA members), US$300 (non-AHLA members) – optional for those who will not take the certification exam.
Register for Course:
Submit the following documents and email to email@example.com
- Completed Application Form (Click here to download the application form)
- NRIC/FIN Soft copy (Front and Back)
- SkillsFuture Credit Account Summary
- Preferred Start-of-Course Date
Filing for SkillsFuture Claim:
Kindly refer to the following guide:
- SkillsFuture Claim User Guide (Click here to see the guide )
- Claim Guide – WDA SkillsFuture (Click here to see the guide)
- SkillsFuture Credit Portal User Guide (Click here to see the guide)
Become CHIA certified TODAY!
Start Your Programme Journey Today!