CHIA (Certification in Hotel Industry Analytics) Certification Course
- Certification of Participation: SDH Institute
- CHIA Certification: AHLEI (American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute) / STR (Smith Travel Research) / ICHRIE (International Council on Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Education)
- Tertiary Education
Occupation of Target Audience
- The CHIA is targeted at industry professionals such as general managers, revenue managers, corporate staff, travel and tourism professionals, trainers and research staff from a variety of organizations:• Hotel companies and hotels
• Management companies and owners
• Tourism/Travel organizations
• Hotel associations
• Convention and Visitor Bureaus
• Developers, consultants and appraisers
• Accounting and financial firms
• Hotel-related vendors
• Other organizations serving the hotel industry
Mode of Delivery
- Tutorials and online practice test
- Participants who meet 75% attendance for the workshop will receive the certificate of participation. It is optional for participants to take CHIA examination but highly recommended.
- Full-time: NA
- Part-time: 8 hours
Next available intake(s)
- The intake for the full-time program is currently not available
- The intake for the part-time program are:
- 30th August 2017
- 2nd September 2017
The CHIA is a knowledge-based certification with no “time in position” requirement, and no proctor required.
The certification is based upon four core content areas:
- Hotel Industry Analytical Foundations
- Hotel Math Fundamentals – the metrics used by the Hotel Industry
- Property Level Benchmarking with STAR Reports
- Hotel Industry Performance Reports (Trends, P&L, Pipeline and Destination Reports)
A detailed outline of the training content and a sample exam are available. CHIA training includes case scenarios, hints, sample reports, industry “tricks of the trade,” analysis examples, quizzes, discussion questions, and application exercises where participants gain hands-on experience working with hotel data. The CHIA is offered globally through a joint effort between the AHLEI (American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute) and STR/STR Global.
Course URL: https://www.ahlei.org/CHIA/
- S$190.00 (excludes certification fee – see below) S$203.3 (with 7% GST)
- CHIA Certification Fee: US$250 (AHLA members), US$300 (non-AHLA members) – optional for those who will not take the certification exam.
Register for Course:
Submit the following documents and email to email@example.com
- Completed Application Form (Click here to download the application form)
- NRIC/FIN Soft copy (Front and Back)
- SkillsFuture Credit Account Summary
- Preferred Start-of-Course Date
Filing for SkillsFuture Claim:
Kindly refer to the following guide:
Become CHIA certified TODAY!
Start Your Programme Journey Today!