Certificate in Foundation Studies
Certificate in Foundation Studies
SDH Institute’s Certificate in Foundation Studies programme aims to prepare students to achieve better results in the competitive Diploma, advanced diploma, Bachelor’s Degree and MBA programme offered by SDH Institute.
This course aims to establish the learners’ foundation to comfortably assimilate into and achieve better results in the competitive higher learning programmes (Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, MBA courses) offered by SDH Institute.
Each module of the course is designed to enrich different aspects of the learning experience, providing a holistic enhancement of the learner’s potential.
- SDH Institute
- Minimum Age: Sixteen (16) Year Old
- Local students: GCE “O” Level with 3 passes ; or Nitec, Higher Nitec;
- International students:
- Completion of High School Qualification (9th year)
- English Language Proficiency: IELTS 4.0 or Equivalent
Mode of Delivery
- The method of teaching consists of multiple delivery dimensions like classroom lectures, group discussions, case analysis, demonstration workshops, role-plays, individual and group tutorials.
Type of assessments vary from modules and may include the following:
- Online assignments
- Class tests,
- Class participation or Oral interviews,
- Written examination,
- Obtained a pass in all modules
- Full Time: 6 months
- Part-Time: Nil
Maximum Candidature Period
- Full-time: 18 months
Next available intake(s)
- The intake for this program is every two (2) months (January, March, May, July, September, November)
English Foundation Contact hours: 100 hours
Aims to empower participants to learn independently, provide the capacity to achieve most goals and express themselves on a range of topics. By the end of this module, participants should be able to:
- follow or give a talk on a familiar topic or keep up a conversation on a fairly wide range of topics, in a social or casual context.
- scan texts for relevant information, and understand detailed instructions or advice in a general or social context.
- make notes while someone is talking or write a letter including non-standard requests, using formal and informal
Communication in Hospitality Industry Contact hours: 100 hours
- Follow written instructions in a hospitality setting.
- Follow verbal instructions, delivered at native speed, in a hospitality setting.
- Interact with customers, utilizing appropriate etiquette.
- Make requests and provide instructions to colleagues in a hospitality setting.
Academic Production Skills Contact hours: 100 hours
- write a persuasive essay, providing rationale for a particular point of view.
- examine and provide a written summary, analysis and interpretation of a particular event.
- provide simple citations and references for a written piece of work.
- provide a structured written argument in support of one particular opinion over another.
- construct and execute a well organized presentation explain a concept or event to an audience in a manner that is clear and concise.
|Application Fee (Non-Refundable)||$107||$351
- All prices stated above are inclusive of the prevailing Goods & Services Tax (GST).
- Local Applicant: Singapore residents (Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and all pass holders excluding those holding a Student Pass).
- International Applicant: International students including international students transferring from other local institutes.
Get Your Certificate in Foundation Studies!
Start Your Programme Journey Today!