BA (Hons) Airline and Airport Management
BA (Hons) Airline and Airport Management
About University of West London
The University of West London is located in the heart of one of the UK’s most successful business regions, with strong connections to many national and multinational organisations.
The University prides itself on being “The Career University” offering over 140 undergraduate and postgraduate courses with a strong focus on employability and practical experience. UWL is ranked as the top modern* university in London, 8th modern university in the UK and ranked as the 34th university nationally by the Guardian University Guide 2021.
In The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020 rankings, UWL is ranked 52 in the UK of over 150 universities, rising an impressive 31 places in the league table, which was the biggest rise in the UK. In the National Student Survey (NSS) 2020, the University of West London was ranked the top university in London and in the top 25 in the UK for overall student satisfaction. Moreover, 98% of graduates are in employment or further study within six months of graduation**.
* Modern universities are defined as higher education institutions that were granted university status in, and subsequent to, 1992. UWL received the rankings listed above when compared to all other modern universities ranked in the guides / surveys cited.
** These are the latest figures according to Employment Performance Indicators (EPI) released by the Higher Education Statistics Agency HESA in 2018.
The BA (Hons) Airline and Airport Management degree is an ideal course to equip supervisory or junior management staff operating in the Airline and Airport industry with the opportunity of learning formally about the contribution of this essential function in a variety of business and industry sectors.
Course content includes modules specific to commercial aviation as well as contextualised business management units. In addition, the course encourages the development of intellectual and management skills in the areas of business and personal development.
It provides the successful candidate with a formal higher education management qualification from which they can progress.
The BA (Hons) Airline and Airport Management course aims to take a vocational perspective setting the study of commercial aviation alongside that of business management.
The course seeks to prepare students from a variety of educational backgrounds to enter a range of different managerial positions in the commercial aviation industry. These are identified both in the public and the private sectors.
All the courses aim to do following as appropriate to the level of study:
1. Widen perspectives through breadth, depth and relevance of subject coverage.
2. Develop intellectual skills of analysis, evaluation and interpretation, of problem solving and critical thinking.
3. Develop subject practical skills and evolve skilled, reflective practitioners with employment capability.
4. Develop transferable skills including effective communication, teamwork, independent learning and management of learning.
5. Encourage the integration of academic study with employment skills.
6. Meet the future challenges of working within the aviation industry.
7. Provide an encouraging and inclusive environment which aids independent learning and encourages social responsibility and positive attitudes to life-long learning and continuing professional development.
- University of West London, UK
|Language Requirement||Attainment of IELTS 6.0, or other equivalent English qualification|
Cambridge GCE A level (From a minimum 112 UCAS tariff points depending on course), or
• SDH Diploma in Aviation and Travel Operations, or • Other CPE registered PEIs’ Diploma of related field, or
• Polytechnic Certificate with grade C or higher, or
• Other equivalent qualification deemed acceptable by University
Mode of Delivery
- The method of lesson delivery consists of multiple delivery dimensions like face-to-face lectures, elearning, individual and group discussions, case analysis, demonstration, role-plays, online quizzes and project assignments.
- Assignments / Projects
- Obtained a passing mark in all examinable modules
- Achievement of the BA (Hons) Degree will entitle successful candidates the opportunity to progress to postgraduate (Level 7) study (subject to meeting the required entry requirements)
- Full-time: 36 months
- Part-time: 54 months
- Industrial Attachment: Not Applicable
Maximum Candidature Period
- Full-time: 6 years
- Part-time: 8 years
Next available intake(s)
1st intake: February period
2nd intake: September period
Year 1 (Level 4)
Academic Development and Employability
Principles of Management and Leadership
Introduction to Accounting and Finance
Introduction to Airline and Airport Management
Aviation Travel Geography
The Aviation Experience
Year 2 (Level 5)
Managing Human Resources
Sales and Marketing
Air Cargo Operations
Human Factors in Aviation
Airline and Airport Operations Management
Research Methods for Managers
Year 3 (Level 6)
Air Route Planning
Strategic Airport Planning and Development
Aviation Policy and Strategy
Contemporary Issues and Management of Change
Service Industries Dissertation
|Application Fee (Non-Refundable)||$107||$351
|Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Airline and Airport Management (Year 1)||$11,000||$15,000|
|Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Airline and Airport Management (Year 2)||$11,000||$15,000|
|Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Airline and Airport Management (Year 3)||$11,000||$15,000|
- All prices stated above are inclusive of the prevailing Goods & Services Tax (GST).
- Local Applicant: Singapore residents (Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and all pass holders excluding those holding a Student Pass).
- International Applicant: International students including international students transferring from other local institutes.
Get Your Bachelor's Degree in Airline and Airport Management now!
Start Your Bachelor Degree Journey Today!