Love the smell of a freshly baked loaf of goodness? Want to learn how to knead and bake your very own soft and fluffy Japanese bread? Whether you are thinking to set up your home bakery, contemplating joining the bakery workforce or just baking a basket of bread, this is the course for you!
Join our chef instructors in our Japanese breadmaking course where they will share their techniques and experiences as well as a carefully curated recipe for you to learn and impress your customers and family alike. Oishii!
Course Reference Number
Course Validity Period
30 June 2021 to 29 June 2023
This course aims to equip learners with the ability to prepare and bake different types of Japanese bread, including preparation of fillings.
Course Learning Units
- Understanding the techniques of kneading
- Understand the proofing process and ensuring not to overproof
- The functions of ingredients in bread dough
- The importance of dough temperature and methods to achieve the right temperature in a home kitchen
- Techniques of scoring and shaping into aesthetical looking bread
- Prepare, proof, assemble and bake three different types of bread
1 day, 7 hours
Certificate of Participation by SDH Institute
Who is the course for
Anyone interested in making and baking Japanese bread from scratch.
- Able to understand English
- Recommended age: 16 years old and above
Mode of Delivery
Mini Discussion, Demonstration, Hands-on Practical
Special Requirements to Take Note
All materials, ingredients and take away containers will be provided.
Mode of Assessment
Course Schedule (Next available intake(s))
|Course Fees||$224/pax ($239.68 w GST)|
SkillsFuture Credit Eligible
- For Individuals:
- For partial / fully self-sponsored participant, please arrange for payment 7 calendar days before the course commencement date
Register for Course
Complete application form here
For further assistance, please email us at email@example.com
Check for more Pastry & Baking Courses in Singapore, delivered by Academy Of Lifelong Learning @SDH.