Diploma in Hospitality Operations
The Diploma in Hospitality Operations requires students to undergo a spectrum of competency and skill-based training, covering the operational aspects of the hospitality and food and beverage trade.
Delivery will be focused toward instructional and practical exercises – more “hands on” learning so that students get to do more, rather than listening and absorbing facts and figures. Theoretical concepts will still be taught to provide basic knowledge of the hospitality industry. The theory/practical blend is around 30:70.
The course is structured with the primary learning objective of developing students to become practical, competent, and functioning practitioners in the international hospitality and tourism sector.
- SDH Institute
|Language Requirement||Attained IELTS 5.0, or pass SDH’s English Proficiency Test (Intermediate Level)|
|Academic Requirement||Obtained a High School Certificate with an overall pass, or completed NITEC with an overall pass, or completed GCE ‘O’ Levels with credits in 3 subjects or equivalent|
|Work Experience||Not Applicable|
Mode of Delivery
- Face to face classroom lecture; Individual/Group presentation/discussion;Hands on Practice
- Written Assignments, Practical demonstration/test;Final Examinations
- Obtained a pass of 60% in all modules
- Upon graduation, students may progress to take up the Advanced Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management conducted by SDH Institute, provided they further complete the following theoretical modules in SDH’s Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management course:
- Financial Accounting
- Marketing Policy, Planning and Communication
- IT in Travel, Tourism and Hospitality Operations
- Service Quality and Business Communication
- Full-time: 6 months
- Part-time: 9 months
- Industrial Attachment: 6 months
Maximum Candidature Period
- Full-time: 24 months
- Part-time: 33 months
Next Available Intake(s)
- The intake for this program is every two (2) months (January, March, May, July, September, November)
FBK101 Food and Beverage Knowledge - FT (45 Hrs) / PT (40 Hrs)
FBO102 Food and Beverage Operations - FT (45 Hrs) / PT (40 Hrs)
FHO103 Front Office and Housekeeping Operations - FT (45 Hrs) / PT (40 Hrs)
FBL104 Food, Beverage, and Labour Cost Control - FT (45 Hrs) / PT (40 Hrs)
MEC105 Marketing and Hospitality Events Catering - FT (45 Hrs) / PT (40 Hrs)
POS106 Principles of Supervision - FT (45 Hrs) / PT (40 Hrs) (Teach-Out)
PIA109 Industrial Attachment - 6 Months
Principles of Communication - FT (45 Hrs) / PT (40 Hrs)
Get Your Diploma Programme in Hospitality Operations!
Start Your Diploma Programme Journey Today!