Diploma Programme in
Hospitality and Tourism
Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management
SDH’s Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management programme prepares students to embark confidently in the booming global hospitality industry. The industry is strongly supported by the development of Integrated Resorts (IRs) in the region, tourism boom spurred by rising middle class affluence in Asia, and an increase in business and medical travellers globally.
Students will develop an in-depth understanding in the front end operations and back-end processes of the hospitality, business management and tourism businesses, allowing them to gain knowledge of the fundamental concepts behind the industry. Lessons are conducted through a combination of classroom learning and on-the-job training; the programme seeks to maximise learning by utilising hands-on discovery and discussion presentations, which allow room for creative thinking and problem-solving. Students will graduate with cutting edge knowledge of the best industry practices, as well as a service innovation mindset, adding further value to their future employability.
Student will appreciate the fact that this programme is built on earlier foundation. For example, the “Introduction to Travel, Tourism and Hospitality” module in the Certificate in Travel, Tourism and Hospitality Management extends to the “Travel, Tourism and Hospitality” in this programme. Basic concepts in the certificate level “Introduction on Financial Accounting” module is similarly expended in “Financial Accounting” module in this programme.
The Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management can be completed in 9 months. Part-time students can complete the course in 12 months.
- SDH Institute
Program Accreditation Body
- Institute of Hospitality, UK
- Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Minimum Age: 17 Year Old
- Obtained SDH Certificate in Foundation Studies, or at least an overall pass in GCE O Level (3 subjects) with a min C6 in English and Mathematics, or High School Certificate with an overall pass, or completed NITEC with an overall pass, or equivalent
- Obtained SDH’s Certificate in English as a Foreign Language Intermediate, or attainment of IELTS 5.5/TOEFL 500, or its equivalent
Mode of Delivery
- Classroom-based Lectures, Tutorials, Discussions and/or Research
- Contact hours: 50 hours per module (Full-Time). 36 hours per module (Part-Time)
- Written Assignments, Examinations plus Project
- Obtained a passing mark of 60% in all examinable module.
- Students who complete the Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management are able to enroll in Advanced Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management and others Diploma awarded by SDH Institute
- Full-time: 9 months
- Part-time: 12 months
Next available intake(s)
- The intake for this program is every two (2) months (January, March, May, July, September, November)
Professional Development and Career Planning
Marketing Policy, Planning and Communication
Service Quality and Business Communication
Travel, Tourism and Hospitality
IT in Travel, Tourism and Hospitality Operations
Food and Beverage Operations
Hotel Operations (Elective)
Customer Relationship Management (Elective)
Get Your Diploma Programme in Hospitality and Tourism Management!
Start Your Diploma Programme Journey Today!