Certificate in English
Communication Level 1
Certificate in English Communication Level 1
This Certificate in English Communication Level 1 is designed for both adults and school-aged students (local and foreign) with minimum knowledge on the use of English.
The areas of focus in this course are:
- Understand and respond to simple questions about yourself and your life.
- Understand simple conversations.
- Understand English spoken by native speakers at slower than normal speed.
- Read and understand simple articles and public notices.
- Speak clearly but slowly so that others understand you.
- Ask for help when you don’t understand and maintain a basic conversation with some difficulty.
- Write simple instructions or message.
Upon successful completion of this course, students would have attained a level of English equivalent to IELTS 1.
- SDH Institute
- Minimum Age: Seventeen (17) Year Old
- Academic Requirements: Obtained an overall pass in GCE O level (3 subjects) , or senior middle school, or Grade 12, or equivalent
- English Language Proficiency: Possess basic oral and literacy skills, verified through SDH English Proficiency Test for Entry Level
- Work experience: Not applicable
Mode of Delivery
- Classroom teaching, pair work, group work, discussion and tests.
Students are graded upon the skills of: Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing.
- Obtained a minimum passing mark of 60% of all modules.
- Full Time: 6-months
- Part-Time: Nil
Next available intake(s)
- The intake for this program is currently not available. Kindly contact the school for more information.
EFL Basic Contact hours: 90 hours-
EFL Elementary - Contact hours: 90 hours x 2 terms
Get Your Certificate in English Communication Level 1!
Start Your Programme Journey Today!