Advanced Diploma in
Advanced Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management
SDH Institute’s Advanced Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management programme prepares students to embark confidently in the booming global hospitality industry. The industry is strongly supported by the development of Integrated Resorts (IRs) in the region, tourism boom spurred by rising middle class affluence in Asia, and an increase in business and medical travellers globally.
Students going through the programme will attain needed knowledge and practical skills to develop the ability to identify and analyze business problems, and formulate operational and tactical plans to respond effectively to the rapid changes in the business environment of the hospitality and tourism industry. Lessons are conducted through a combination of classroom learning and on-the-job training; the programme seeks to maximise learning by utilising hands-on discovery and discussion presentations, which allow room for creative thinking and problem-solving. Students will graduate with cutting edge knowledge of the best industry practices, as well as a service innovation mindset, adding further value to their future employability.
Student will appreciate the fact that this programme extends from earlier foundation set at diploma level. The “Sustainable Tourism Planning and Development” module in this programme expands from concepts in the “Travel, Tourism and Hospitality” module at diploma level. Also, students who have gained operational knowledge of Food & Beverage and Hotel Operations at diploma level will now tackle management concepts in “Food & Beverage Management” and “Hotel Operations Management” modules respectively.
The Advanced Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management is awarded by SDH Institute. This Advanced Diploma is a foundation study for students who seek to advance to the Bachelor’s Degree Level. Students must successfully complete all modules as prescribed in order to be awarded the Advanced Diploma.
- SDH Institute
Programme Accreditation Body
- Institute of Hospitality, United Kingdom
- Minimum Age: 17 Year Old
- Attainment of IELTS 5.5 / TOEFL 500, or equivalent
- Completed Higher NITEC with an overall pass, or obtained a Diploma from SDH or local institutions, or equivalent
Mode of Delivery
- Classroom-based Lectures, Tutorials, Discussions and/or Research
- Contact hours: 50 hours per module (Full-Time). 36 hours per module (Part-Time)
- Written Exams, Assignment / Projects, Practical Exams
- Obtained a passing mark of 60% in all examinable module.
- Complete and pass Industrial Attachment
- SDH Institute has an articulation agreement with Institute Vatel. Students who completed the Advanced Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management are able to enroll into the Bachelor program and gain credits for the Bachelor program
- Students who completed the course are eligible to gain certain credit exemption for the degree courses
- Full-time: 9 months
- Part-time: 12 months
- Industrial Attachment: 6 months
Maximum Candidature Period
- Full-time: 33 months
- Part-time: 42 months
Next available intake(s)
- The intake for this program is every two (2) months (January, March, May, July, September, November)
Sustainable Tourism, Planning and Development
Human Resource Management
Quantitative Methods for Business Management
Economics for Business
Food and Beverage Operations Management
Hotel Operations Management
Get Your Advanced Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management!
Start Your Advanced Diploma Journey Today!